Monday, August 8, 2011

China posts are put on hold (1. my computer crashed and pics are mia at the moment and 2. there are more important things to be doing right now)

I would like to introduce you to Janelle Hayes. She is my adopted mom.  

Ken and her went to Taylor maybe 25 years before me, but the Taylor community is big and loving and they are the prime example of the Taylor community. 

The community is what made me love Taylor and part of the Taylor community has contributed to my love of Charlotte. 

Before I ever moved down here, I emailed the alumni in the Charlotte area seeking advice.  Janelle was one of the only people who emailed me back...it led into a series of emails.  In the end, she offered up Ken's muscles to help me move in (to my 3rd floor apartment).  

I met Ken and Janelle mid August 2006 and ever since I met them I have been a part of their family.  Come to find out, we actually met before that day but I will let Ken tell that part of the story.  He loves sharing this story. 

Ken and Janelle have been my family and my friends over the past 5 years. I remember specifically the day that Ken told me I was family and I was welcome anytime and I knew he meant it. I remember having a really bad Saturday night and showing up on their doorstep, crying, and they said to get in the car we were going to get ice cream and then come back for dinner. I have slept on their couch, taped over their favorite shows on dvr (by accident), sifted through the millions gallons of ice cream they keep in the freezer, and drank glass after glass of tea with Janelle.   My parents hang out with them in Charlotte and any city they randomly meet up in and stay with them when they come visit.  Janelle taught me how to make the most amazing banana bread that keeps my yard mowed, she makes me beautiful cards and tags celebrating every milestone in my life, she cooked me dinner every Monday where Ken often had to put up with either boy drama or us swapping school talk. 

Janelle is a beautiful woman who loves her family and the Lord in a way that I would love to emulate. 

She is going through a tough time right now and I am praying that we all see it through. 
Janelle is my adopted mom and I love her. 

If you want to follow her story...you can here.  
I know she would appreciate your encouragement. 


2 comments:

  1. Big tears right now. Wonderful post!

    And also...hey wait a minute...they keep gallons and gallons of great ice cream in the fridge? They will rue the day they gave me the garage code:)

    Love ya, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big tears from me, too, Brittany... the best adopted daughter a woman could have. Thanks for mentioning me (and our freezer... :))and mostly thanks for seeking the prayers of the people on my behalf. I welcome the support of the extended Taylor community! Hugs and love you, girl! Looking forward to visiting this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete