Saturday, July 2, 2011

We have ARRIVED!

This adventure started at 4pm when Ashley picked Sarah and I and our 4 suitcases and dropped us off at the airport!


We are SO excited to get this adventure started!


I will say it is very nice traveling with your friends...


Josh wins boyfriend of the year and dropped E off at the airport as well! 


He happily took pictures for us and everyone LOVED our We Love America headbands! 


We made it threw security. whew. 



Our flight to LA was good, pretty long since we left at 8:30 and got in at 11ish LAX time, but to us it was close to 2 in the morning.  Our next flight didn't leave until 1am so that was about 4am our time.  It was a long stretch with a lot of transfering of stuff, people, etc.  I have a double ear infection so the flight was particularly uncomfortable for me, but we made it...grabbed McDonalds and hopped on the Korean Airlines Plane to Seoul, Korea. 

This is from Leg 1 of the trip!


Korean Air treats you right. They tell you when to wake up and when to sleep.  They feed you every 5 minutes, bring you juice every 10, and we even had 2 meals.  I couldn't eat the first meal...It was "dinner" and to me it was like 6am.  I suffered through the beginning of the flight with an ear that felt like knives were stabbing it and then I took a double dose of Tylenol PM and knocked myself out for a solid 5 hours.  When I woke up...my ear felt great and I had pineapple juice and cake waiting for me!

 This is the Omelette and Continental Breakfast options!  Not too shabby KA.  Also, they bring around hot towels and gave out slippers to wear around the plane.  

I wore them around when I walked my laps into Morning Calm so that I was not a candidate for blood clots from flying:)  Thanks ER for warning me again. 

 One of the delish marble cakes and my sweet platypus water bottle.  
 Hello! We are in Korea now! We made it...3 movies later, 5 hours of (not for some) sleeping, and a ton of food later.  

Welcome to Korea!

E was worried that she might have to go into quarantine. 

The Korean airport is pretty spiffy, very clean, no squatties, and free internet. All things I love.  

A few things I am so thankful I brought:

my platypus water bottle that folds write up and takes up NO space
my new REI camping feather pillow
my dad's kindle (thank you papa!) 
Read: Hunger Games Book 1 and Outliers


stay tuned for the next post...we are china bound in a few hours.  

Sarah and I set up a little camp on the airport chairs to try to get a few hours of sleep before we go!

Love to all. 

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you. Stay safe, have fun, and keep posting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic's!! Hope you can keep up the blog entries. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for update--definitely an adventure of a lifetime!
    Syble

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE The play by play!! keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics glad you guys made it! Get the lay of the land so we can join you next year!

    ReplyDelete