Thursday, April 21, 2011

CHINA Bound!



One of my friends recently challenged me to this question. “If you could accomplish ANYTHING in your life for God and KNEW you couldn’t fail, what would you do?”

I thought about this and came up with this answer…

There are a few things that I am truly passionate about in this world some being—a relationship with Jesus, loving people, all things education, and traveling to new places.   Lately, I have reflected a lot on what does that mean for my life? How can I reach the most people, be an effective teacher, and share a vibrancy for life? If I knew that I wouldn’t fail I would want to build meaningful relationships with people, impact education on a large scale, and never allow life to become mundane.  As far as how that relates to a specific job, I am still processing that.  Currently, I love my job and see where the Lord has called me to impact 20 at-risk kiddos and inspire them to be outstanding in everyway.  Over my short 5 years of adult life, I realize how blessed I am to wake up and love going to work everyday. 

A few weeks ago, I was slightly disappointed that the Lord closed the door on one opportunity, but quickly realized again that His hand was once again clearly on my life.  I was offered an opportunity to travel to China for a month and model “best classroom practices” to the teachers in a Chinese school.  God really orchestrated this opportunity and continues to work out every potential glitch along the way.  For example, 80% of the trip is paid for and we leave right after I finish finals for the summer session of graduate school.  Most importantly, my principal is highly supportive of this trip and is allowing me to make up the days that I miss (the first two weeks of school)!  Yikes…what teacher misses the beginning of the year? This teacher does and I am resting in God’s promise of faithfulness and strength. 

For three weeks I will have the opportunity to teach Chinese elementary students, but also to model for the Chinese teachers.  Each day after class, I will meet with the Chinese teachers and debrief on what they have learned and field any questions.  These teachers are excited to learn new ways to instruct their classes and I am passionate about guiding them on their quest for learning.  I will be bringing along videos of my class and examples of different types of teaching.  In the evenings, we will be living and building relationships with the Chinese.

I am going to China from July 1- July 26th.  Currently, I am trying to raise $2,000 for my Chinese Visa and flight.  Please be praying for the support raising process.  If you made it all the way to the end of this novel...thanks for the opportunity to share a little piece of my reflections and passions.  


Love, 
Brittany
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, I am so excited about the amazing opportunity you have in China! You continue to amaze me with the fearless way you live your life -- making the most of every opportunity and situation. You are an inspiring young woman, and I am proud to know you.

    ReplyDelete