Friday, February 18, 2011

reflections post July 2009

Clearly, I fell off the blogger bandwagon. I don't apologize though. In the last 2 years a lot has happened! I bought a house, completely renovated it in a month, switched schools, started a few random (small) jobs, wrote grants, joined the board of a nonprofit, married off many friends but specifically my college roommate and soon one of my closest friends, developed old and new friends, traveled (and was robbed), started grad school, and saw God move in miraculous ways!

Tonight I put off my 10k training a little longer and Devan and I walked to the Smelly Cat in Noda and grabbed coffee and chatted our way through the ghetto. As I read her blog, I decided that I missed blogging (even if there are very few readers) I appreciated the self reflection.

Originally, I wrote about adventures around CLT which quickly ended in 2008.

Then, I bought this house I decided that I wanted to be like these people and end up working for Home Depot as a blogger and getting everything for free. That thought ended as soon as I signed the papers at the lawyers office (yes. very daunting).

Now, I want to write about what I do and think because I don't want to forget.

This is my favorite blog. She writes about anything and everything. I want to be THIS eloquent, reflective, and disciplined.

I enjoy reading blogs. Its almost like a temporary vacation for me.

So, here are a few pictures to bring you up to speed since my blogging vacation.

The "first" First Book Distribution. The grant donated 4400 books to our students. Currently: FB has donated almost 25k to our school!
My girls flew in for the Black Eyed Peas Concert. We. Heart. Fergie.
E and I camped out for 4 days at Bonaroo with Sarah and John!

Little Michael Lloyd graduated from COLLEGE!
I grew some grass. My finished renovated house!

My typical/current Friday dates (Paul and Devan) got married! YAY! (They should be models)
Lauren Lynn Walton become Lauren Lynn George.
Another model couple.
Michelle got hitched as well!
The Paces (plus Eric) came to CLT to celebrate Laci and Brandon's wedding!
I thought Puerto Rico may help me un"stress" but instead it provided a tad bit more...
Celebrated Halloween with the Georgia Ave Housewives.
Coordinated another Book Distribution! This one with help. Thanks Erin!
Toasted Edwards' ENGAGEMENT for New Years!

I may or may not have become pooly from reliving the past 18 months.

4 comments: