Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Today's Wednesday Right?

All DAY I thought it was Wednesday and it wasn't until I was talking a.k.a verbally vomiting on my sweet dad who calmly reminded me in was only Tuesday and not Wednesday.  Now mind you I was driving to class (which is Tuesday) and I was prepared for class (so I must have subconsciously known) but I asked him if he was at choir (practice is on Wednesdays).  Good thing it was Tuesday because I was thankful my dad was around to listen to my thoughts and crazy ideas and tell me his calm, rational opinion. Also a plus is the commute since I needed all 45 minutes to process to my father.

Class was great and we were talking about positive behavior and reinforcements and I am NOT one to bribe my students.  I believe that they should be good because intrinsically they want to do their best, but I was reflecting on this week and it has been quick and pretty full of school pain.  Some of their lives are painful, their actions and really their words have been painful to each other.  So, since we are a family tomorrow we are having a FAMILY BREAKFAST.

We will recommit our love for each other and our pledge to be good listeners and lovers of each other and we will break banana bread together. Hence, homemade (err "store bought") chocolate chip banana bread with EXTRA chocolate chips.


\

These muffins plus 
and Miss Slagle's Scholars will be back in business.  

Plus Miss Slagle's neighbors (the georgia wives) will be happy. 

In fact a special thanks to Stephen who lent me my eggs. Again, can I tell you how much I love this street???!??!?!?!!?!?

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment: