Monday, February 21, 2011

Today was "Monumental"

In an effort to be as sane as possible by planning and creating ahead of time (and healthy as possible) this was my dinner last night and my lunch today. This lovely concoction made its first appearance on the Ski Trip of 2010.  Annie and I loved this hot broccoli soup after a morning of skiing in the freezing cold weather.  The boys on the other hand preferred tomato.  I bet if they had seen this "before" stage they never would have tried it. BUT, it really is good and has quite the kick to it (secret ingredient: cayenne pepper).


Normally, I use emealz.com to plan out my menus/dinners, but lately my life has been a little hectic and I am lucky if I eat.  (Seriously, I may have substituted dinner for bed a few nights last week)  This is one of my favorite emealz creations.  It is garlic rosemary pork chops.  They are DELICIOUS! My veggie lasagna is also a emealz favorite.

So, today after work I dropped the kids off at the bus-fish passed out of BH and came home to meet my group for our big class presentation in my Models of Teaching class at Queens.  Before, they arrived I whipped this up.

Once she got here we got busy and this was our final product.  Oh to be El Ed.

Then before I could tell myself I was tired I went to the gym.  I think I could run forever (maybe not) if I had a magazine to read. I LOVE magazines especially fitness ones.  It makes me run faster.  I thank my parents for taking me on long car trips and making me read because I can run on the treadmill and read my magazine ALL at the same time.  It is great. Quite an accomplishment.  Thank you Mike and Krista for making it more enjoyable when I run.

Oh, but that was why my day was monumental. I am running the "Monument Ave 10k" and I am SO behind on my training (even though I had a personally crafted training regiment that should fit my schedule) and I am right on board with this week (wk 3 even though this is technically my wk 1)!

Oh and I curled my hair this morning.

A "monumental" President's Day.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. Love that soup. Loved that trip. Love you and your blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete