Tuesday, January 10, 2012

food for thought.

As I was perusing Facebook distracting myself from what I really needed to be doing, I found this video on a few of my friend's pages.  

I am glad that someone made this video.  I know that there are two sides to every argument, but this pretty accurately reflects my feelings on education.  In response to the video I would like to claim that I don't think that teachers are the only valued profession in the world (it didn't make that claim) and I realize that my life and salary is a blessing and that there are many other professions that make less than teachers. 

I would also like to put it out there though that I am tired of teachers complaining and being negative nelly's just because they are not in the ideal situation.  Yes, I have complained. Yes, I think it is a real problem to freeze/decrease our pay BUT the real danger is going to to be when education can't attract competent people and can't retain the ones that are truly effective.  I am thankful for my full time, with benefits and summer vacation schedule.  I appreciate the money that I do make. I enjoy my life and feel like I seize every moment.  I am just not going to work 3 jobs for the rest of my life. 



interesting. huh? 

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment