Sunday, January 8, 2012

once upon a time

Once upon a time I had this friend that lived with this other girl and we used to hang out all the time.  So much that when the other girl moved out....I decided to move in.  This roommate relationship ended up being pure bliss.  For a long time-life was pretty sweet in Quail HIll. 

Meet Ashley. 

Ashley is a joy to be around.  She is the best listener and always adds an element of fun to any setting she is in.  She always has great advice to share and it has been so much fun being a part of her and (now Michael's) life.  Life is never dull around Ashley. 

ps. Ashley is the best host/party thrower EVER.  I do NOT know anyone else who puts more thought, effort, or details into ANY party they throw. I would hire her for anything I ever needed to plan because it would be perfect. 

Before I bought my house when I lived with her...our schedules were completely different.  Hers brought her home late at night and mine had me up at 5am.  There were many nights when she would pop in my room at midnight and whisper-"are you still awake" and then we would be up for hours chatting. 



long time ago.. 

my birthday celebration



 wild wings for a nick's birthday

 happy 4th of july

merry christmas from 2008?

 bachelorette fun....

celebrating ash's bachelorette at the spa!


Ashley's wedding weekend was a blast! I will run through the events via pictures. 

Before I left for China, I met Ash at the bridal shop where she bought her dress.  She was trying it on and I was just along for the ride.  I arrived and they were no where to be found.  The lady at the front desk handed me a box and I opened it up and inside was this ribbon with the words "will you be my bridesmaid" attached to it!  It was so cute and then I started freaking out and then Ashley and her mom popped out.  I loved Ash's dress and ended up buying my dress that night as well!  The deal was a black silk dress with pockets.  Easy enough... :)  

Fast forward 5 months.

Wednesday night we went out to dinner at Cowfish and had a blast! The majority of the wedding party was in.  We ate dinner, had lots of fun, and then went back to the Ashley's mom's house. Everyone slept in on Thursday and went to the church, ran last minute errands, etc.  I went to work at 6am. Awesome.  I left work as soon as possible and met the bridal party at the nail spa where we got manis/pedi's.  After that we got ready for the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. 

At the rehearsal dinner at Maggianos. What a fun night and beautiful celebration of the cute couple.  

 love them. 

We stayed in the hotel the night before the wedding after the rehearsal dinner and on the day of the wedding woke up for a lazy morning.  We went to breakfast and then the hair girl came upstairs and did all of our hair.  Here is cute Ash getting her hair done. 


Then we went over to the church to get dressed and take pictures.  They did a first look and then we went out and took group shots.  The photographer was amazing. We loved the pictures.  She did a great job!

Notice my hair piece.  Ash's colors were taupe and black.  She made these flower broaches and we were told to wear them anywhere we wanted.  I wore mine in my hair, some girls put it on their dress, some attached it to pearls.  Point in case for Ashley's attention to details.  

 gorgeous. 



 ash and her mama-lover dover. 
 the sweetest baby at the wedding-ada lee. 
 the first look
 so sweet. 
 kristy. ashley's future sister in law and a blast to hang out with all weekend. 
 with kristy and kelsey-the cutest 8.5 month pregnant bridesmaid ever. 
 adam. a great groomsmen. 

 the sweet couple. 

 yay! taylor!



It was a great weekend celebrating Ashley and Michael.  

Ashley, thank you for including me in your wedding.  I loved every minute of your special weekend.  You are a great friend and I am so thankful for you in my life!   



No comments:

Post a Comment