Friday, January 6, 2012

to set goals or not to set goals

Today is January 5th 6th.  5 6 days into a supposed New Year's Resolution.  Let's back track for a second...I like LOVE New Years...it ranks in my top 5 favorite holidays. 

In the past I have made various goals that I really intended to keep, but somehow I forgot all about them in February.  

I said I was going to read this book because I wanted to have a more discipline life.  I read the book and I hope some of the practices carried over, but most of the time I don't think so. 


I wanted to read the Bible in chronological order and I made it to like April. fail

I wanted to be a runner.  

note: this is NOT a race, it was actually a typical park street that was like every other part of China. a mess of people everywhere. 

And lastly....I wanted to be a "clean" "simple" eater.  So far this is still a goal

This bring me to this year...what do I want to add to my life maybe this will work better than taking away

More tea to kick/cut back my coffee addiction  so far only a teensy cup in the afternoon hours AND no creamer just sweet n low. a far cry from my 32 oz at 6am. 

Read the news everyday hanging in there. it feels good to be informed. 

Graduate with my masters classes don't start for a few more weeks, but my really expensive books are starting to pour in.  Only 3 more classes and then I can officially be a school administrator or a heavily indebted teacher. 

Do some form of athletic event/race maybe the monument ave 10k? maybe something else? 

Pursue opportunities that will want my new credentials:) the world is my limit. seriously. 

Travel to lots of places vague I know but so far Philly, Jackson Hole, and Spain are in the works

Refinance the house being a grown up is tough...way to raise the city taxes Charlotte-Mecklenburg now my payment is quite high. 

Paint the dining room it is narrowed down to 2 colors-come vote. they are taped to my wall.

Sand and paint the trim around the house this one I could give or take...we will see. 

read more books on my kindle

be a more gracious person. 

1 comment: