Sunday, January 29, 2012

rolling on the river

Everyone looks forward to the weekends myself included, but what I look forward to the most is the slow pace, the feelings of really accomplishing something, feeling rested, enjoying friends, drinking coffee on the couch, etc.  My kids are great, but sometimes I feel like I don't breathe M-F so the weekends are much anticipated time of deep breathing. 

All day Friday I looked forward to leaving school and kicking off the weekend with the Krauters.  Ashley and I had the pleasure of eating one of Michael's creative (and delicious) dishes and then we went to the movies to see Something Loud and Incredibly Close, but it was sold out. Thanks to groupon-we bought half price tickets and went to see One For the Money.  I would recommend redboxing that. 

I did kid school work all day Saturday and then met up with Devan and her sweet girls for dinner.  I mastered rocking one to sleep and eating lettuce wraps with one hand.  It is the little accomplishments that make you proud.
charleigh grace and logan addison
 oh my goodness. they are the cutest things in this world. 
little lola. 

It almost feels like a movie marathon weekend because T brought home a few options which we watched both.  I am my mother's daughter because I am pretty sure I missed the end of Moneyball. 

Today all I have and will accomplish is listening to these podcasts here (I LOVED the one about Jacob's Dream...I found it quite applicable to my life in its current state.) and going to Amelies to meet BJ for some grad school productivity. 

I. heart. Fridays. Saturdays. Sundays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment