Wednesday, June 22, 2011

the easy life?

E and I had to make up our hours at school for our China trip last week.  So once the building closed, the air was turned off, and the floors were starting to get waxed....E and I started our China planning and organizing.  

After I set up my bulletin boards...

and put together my first week of first grade lesson plans. 



complete with a ready to assemble pencil box clearly labeled...the poor sub my day one lessons are 7 pages long. eeeeekkkk. 

E and I were finally ready to write some sweet China plans. They are finished along with all the powerpoints and materials list and finally I think we are ready for this fast approaching adventure. 
she is always ready. it was really me. no shame there. 

On to Raleigh/Duke Chapel to see the famous city/farm couple get hitched. 

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Kemper Beasley III

 Sister in law to my lovely college roommate. 
Yes. I am/was Lauren Walton's roommate. 

Who is sister to the most hilarious girl I have ever met. Jenny Walton. 
We had a great time and a lot of laughs. 

Of course, I met George Senior. 
Right after this picture was taken we struck up a conversation and I should have just asked him straight up to get in my picture. Again. 
I am a chicken in a lot of areas in my life. 

Of couse, something disasterous would happen on Georgia Ave while I was gone. Sketchy Bill, Bruce, and Tim (yes its a tri-plex) had a tree fall directly on top of Natalie's car. Poor crushed volkswagon. Impressive engineering though. 
Nate couldn't get out of his driveway for awhile due to a few live wires so we were all pretty neighborly and grabbed dinner and drinks and laughed about the situation. 

FINALLY
to Richmond I go!

I drove home and what do I find, but my sweet mama got me flowers. 

\

and my sweet papa made sure I had a cool backpack for my adventures. 

and this is their new patio. where i have been living. 
my parents went green and they compost:) Now I know where I got it from!

This is where I have spent about 90% of my time.  Picture it at night...the trees light up and some of the stones...
In fact, the feast I am cooking right now and the birthday celebration I am about to have will take place right here. 

All. Night. Long. 

This is the easy life. 
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment