Monday, June 27, 2011

future career?

wine guru vs. barber

On Thursday my friend Ann drove down from DC for the weekend. We normally have a reunion every few months, but ALWAYS in the summer and typically it involves a baseball game. 

select picture summary
 my favorite cups in this world. 
 clearly only a best friend would scrub your disgusting house the day you close on it. 
 on one of our many adventures.

Ok-back to this past weekend! Annie and I drove to Charlottesville and went wine tasting. I think we would make great travel reviewers for vineyards. We can swish our wine with the best of them. 

 Happy to finally have time to have real conversations
 and beautiful wine country aka "God's county"

 Annie and I went enjoyed the patio, fine food, classy jazz, and sunned ourselves at the pool all day on Saturday.  Then she had to go back to DC to run a 9 miler up a mountain training run. I tried to talk to her into staying, but no dice. 

Eric made his first appearance back in my life since the robbery in Puerto Rico.  Apparently, it was a  traumatic experience.  Eric decided he wanted a hair cut. I googled how to give a buzz cut and read the directions 50 times and at that point decided it was time to practice my new found skills. 

Here he is praying that he doesn't end up with blood dripping down his face or a bald spot. 
Not pictured: me praying we would still be friends after this. 

Pre Haircut: already very short. 


 my parents didn't have faith in me either...

the result.  a 3, 2, 1 buzz 

next time I will work on my blending between the different razor lengths. 
overall. I think it was a pretty successful "cool summer" haircut. 

BUT 

I should probably keep my day job. 

1 comment:

  1. Fun catching up with your blog... now looking forward to catching up in real life on Thursday. See you then!

    ReplyDelete