Monday, June 22, 2009

A day of firsts...

Today I...
...climbed in and went in my first crawl space with every creepy creature out there (and Scott)
...experienced my first day of summer efficiency
...got lost going to my new house
...began the homeowning experience by requesting numerous estimates on windows, doors, gutters, counters, and tile.  

As far as the crawl space adventure, we went in to see if the seller had completed the work that he said he completed.  He had not.  It is a good thing Amerispec and I are best friends.  I pushed back the re-inspection so that they would have enough time to ACTUALLY complete the work. 

I will be at the house all day Wed and half a day Thursday trying to find the best possible company to work with in each area.  Last night, I made an incredibly efficient spread sheet with everything I need to do, in the order that I need to do it in, with all contacts names, numbers, and quotes.   I will be updating it post-Thursday.  

Here are some lovely pics of the wood that was supposed to be replaced.  The white stuff...mold.  Also, what makes me the most frustrated is that half of the wood is replaced and then they leave the rotted wood right next to it.  





Tonight I am headed to my adopted parents house for dinner and 24 and then home to pack a few boxes.  

Efficiency has been my motto the past couple of days...hopefully it will continue.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brittany,
    What an exciting adventure you are on with this house! I came across this website today, and thought it may be helpful in your quoting out of jobs/projects that need to be done at the house.

    Have a great rest of your week!

    http://www.servicemagic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt...hey! It is VERY helpful. I found a couple of my window people and one flooring guy on it. Thanks for the tip...everything is helpful. Have a great week! Let me know the next time you are in town.

    ReplyDelete